Need someone fun and creative to speak at your next conference or writing event?
Megan Haskell and Greta Boris, co-directors of O.C. Writers, are popular workshop presenters. Together and separately they’ve developed workshops for the Orange County Public Library System, writing conferences, and writers guilds from California to Texas.
Workshops we teach:
Taught by Megan Haskell:
IMPROVE YOUR WRITING PRODUCTIVITY
- Finding the time to write
- Building solid habits and goals
- Productivity Hacks
Taught by Greta Boris:
FINESSE YOUR PLOT
- Craft your story using the 9 Enneagram Personality Types
- Learn the basics of the 3 Act Structure
- Create and use The Plot Menu – a unique outlining tool
GOING PUBLIC – Design author events to suit your style
- Learn to think outside the bookstore
- Romance the right venue
- Find cross-promotion partners
WALKING THE TIGHTROPE BETWEEN FAITH AND FICTION
- Uncover your unique writer proposition
- Craft your own writing Mission Statement
- Establish brand integrity
THE ROAD TO PUBLICATION
- Take the Publishing Personality Quiz
- Learn the Pros and Cons of Traditional and Independent Publishing
- Best Practices for Working with Industry Professionals
BUILD YOUR AUTHOR PLATFORM
- Design Your Website
- Build Your Email List
- Social Media Tips
Megan Haskell is the award-winning author of The Sanyare Chronicles, a fast-paced dark fantasy adventure featuring a kick-ass heroine, snarky carnivorous pixies, and a quest across nine faerie realms.
Greta Boris is the author of A Margin of Lust, The Scent of Wrath, and The Sanctity of Sloth, the first three books in The 7 Deadly Sins. Ordinary women. Unexpected Evil. Taut psychological thrillers that expose the dark side of sunny Southern California.
She’s a popular conference speaker and the Amazon Kindle bestselling nonfiction author of The Wine and Chocolate Workout – Sip, Savor, and Strengthen for a Healthier Life. You can find out more about her speaking schedule at http://gretaboris.com/speakingteaching/
Together, Megan and Greta wrote PUBLISH: Take Charge of Your Author Career, a guide for writers feeling overwhelmed as they contemplate their path to publication. They have both been on staff at the Southern California Writers’ Conference, and enjoy working with writers to help them reach their author goals.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for current speaker rates. Special consideration may be made for nonprofit organizations.