Our mission is simple
To create a supportive and informative environment for published and aspiring authors, poets, screenwriters, and other literary creatives in the Orange County, CA area.
What we’re not
- Snobs – We embrace writers of all strips, polka-dots, geometric designs, and colors.
- Navel Gazers – We’re a practical community. We unabashedly admit we like how-to posts as well deep, thoughtful articles about what motivates us to take pen in hand.
- Paid – This community runs on volunteer work. We hope to bring in a small income some day from amazing affiliate products that we vet and you enjoy, but meanwhile…
- Political – This isn’t the place to rant, sorry.
What we are
- Open-minded – Bring us your masses, your downtrodden, and your crazy ideas. If you’re willing to make it happen, it just might fly.
- Nice – Which brings us to the rules.
These rules apply to all O.C. Writers Facebook groups, the Meetup.com site, write-ins, and any other gatherings.
- Treat those who share their creative work with kindness.
- In non-critique groups and forums: The foremost purpose is to support and encourage each other, as well as learn from one another. Act accordingly.
- In critique groups and forums: Follow the critique leader’s guidelines for keeping criticism constructive and positive.
- Keep online language civil. Profanity will not be tolerated.
- Do not mock, demean, or accuse another member of wrongdoing.
- Limit self-promotion to Fridays. Other postings may be considered excessive and removed. We want to celebrate our members’ successes, but we don’t want to be overrun with self-promotion, either.