It’s December already! Can you believe it?
I love the holiday season, with its sparkling lights, bright colored banners, and the joy of finding just the right gift for the important people in my life. It’s a time for too much food, too much drink, too much fun, and never enough time. So this month, we’re going to help you find the jolly in your writing.
Think of December’s blog posts as micro-encouragements; five minute messages to make you smile, rethink next year’s goals, and remember you are a writer who can pen more than a Christmas card. What’s in store for you?
- The Secret of Being Funny – from new contributor and horror writer (funny horror?) Cary Christopher
- How to Write a Jolly Good Author Bio – from another horror writer (what’s with these encouraging horror writers?) Lisanne Harrington
- How to Keep Reality from Harshing your Jolly – from Jeff Michaels
- How to Keep Your Eyes on Your Own Page – for maximum jollity – from Megan
- How to be More Jolly and More Productive in 2018 – from Greta
So pop that champagne bottle and let’s celebrate the holidays together!
It’s a new year and a new writerly you. In January, we’ll be focusing on Productivity. How do you find the time to write and then make the most of it? How do you avoid burn-out and procrastination? What are your secrets for becoming the best writer you can be?
Due to personal travel plans and the Christmas & New Year’s holidays, I’m asking for an earlier submission deadline than usual. If you’d like to submit an article for the blog, PLEASE EMAIL MEGAN@OCWRITERS.NETWORK NO LATER THAN DECEMBER 22. Earlier submissions would be appreciated. Full submission guidelines can be found on our submissions page.